Christmas Time is absolutely hands down my FAVORITE time of the year. Has been since I was a little girl, and every year it continues to be my favorite, and my love for it grows even more each year especially as a parent, and getting to share that with my kids.
I can remembr when I first had Justin (in September mind you) I was not very well versed on nursery songs and lullaby's. I knew a couple but being the fussy little guy he was, I would run out quickly of the ones I knew, and found myself singing christmas carols to him - lol. But I am one of those that can hear a christmas song in July and smile. Now I wont go so far as to listen 24x7 at that point, but one little song can't hurt!!!
I asked the littles the other day, what season of the year it was, totally expecting to hear Advent since we've been talking about it at church, and they all shouted with great excitment, Winter!!! Except Madison, she was still in Fall. But considering I asked for season, I cant fault them too much. ;)
I then proceeded to ask what we celebrate at Christmas and they proudly declared Santa, and with a disappointing look on my face one of the littles got the hint and said Jesus (good job Jacob). Jesus IS the reason for the season. Its hard as a parent to compete with that magical old saint nick. I mean, dont get me wrong, I love Santa, but more importantly I want my kids to know Jesus. I have a goal to have a whole tree dedicated to Santa, so maybe thats where I'm going wrong in my lessons - ha.
With that being said, some friends and I have decided to have a little christmas party for the kids. A tradition we intend to keep. Kim and I often talk about whether or not our kids will be friends way late into life. I think it would be awesome, as her friendship is one I treasure greatly. I have a few friends who I have known for a LONG time and still talk to regularly and I find that to be pretty awesome. Anyays, I digress. We had so much fun with the kids, and bringing them together and starting these traditions is sooo much fun.
Santa showed up at the house, jingle bells in hand, and visited with each of the kids. He and Mrs. Clause were telling us all about the busy life at the North Pole, and they sang some Christmas Carols with us, and had a small gift for each of the children.
Once santa left we made Reindeer Food, decorated sugar cookies, and then got into Pajamas to watch Polar Express (although I dont think there was much watching as the kids were too busy playing and having fun). We mad the most delicisous Polar Express Hot Chocolate (thanks Pinterest) and just enjoyed a fun evening of friends and family.
Magic Reindeer Food
Sprinkle on the lawn at Night,
the moon will make it sparkel bright.
As the reindeer fly and roam,
this will guide them to your home!!!
Decorating cookies. The kids goal was to get every sprinkle they could onto the cookie!!! Talk about sugar highs!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment