Last Friday night after work, I came home and worked diligently getting our flowers planted and our front yard landscaping completed. We have lived in this house for 5 years this June and never did the landscaping so this year we decided it was time to get it done. For our first year, I think it turned out great!!! I want to find one more little shrub to put behind the weeping cherry, and then maybe a little lawn ornament of some sort to go in the flower bed. I'm gonna wait for the street fairs to see if I can find something, or maybe I'll have the kids do stepping stones with their hand prints, not sure yet. I need to paint the posts on the front porch, but the awful red color on my house is impossible to match, so I'm thinking of painting just the wood portion of the posts a greyish white to match the siding and hopefully it wont look as bad. Josh and I want to get our windows and siding done, all in due time I suppose.
Saturday was opening day, and we had a beautiful day. It was sunny and warm, and just perfect. The parade was in the morning, and the boys seemed to have a lot of fun. Josh walked with the team to help out, and he said it reminded him of when he used to play baseball. My mom and I watched the parade, stayed for opening announcements, the Anthem, and the traditional Take Me Out to the Ballgame. After that, her and I left to go stand in line to buy tickets for Madison's upcoming dance recital, and Josh stayed with the boys to finish up the opening day ceremony and baseball pictures. It was a busy busy Saturday, but lots of fun!! I think the sun shining is what really made the day, thats been few and far between this Spring.
Later that afternoon, the Orioles had their first game. They played great but lost a close one to the Angels. The final score was 8-7. Pee Wee is so much more exciting than t-ball. I expected it to be much better, but its actually a structured game with outs, strikes, and a score - hahah!! Looking forward to a fun season, here are a few pictures from their first game!!!









1 comment:
Love the yard! It looks great!! Can you send me the boys' baseball sched? I would love to try and catch a game!!!
Post a Comment