Wednesday, January 26, 2011

A Little Early

I might be early in posting about Spring, being that we are in the dead of winter up here in Michigan, but it cant hurt, right!!?!? There are parts of winter I love, and would totally miss if I weren't here in Michigan, but the problem is, I dont want them to last for as long as they do up here. One month is enough for me, then it can warm up and the snow can go away!! :) So, I'm channeling spring through my BLOG.

I keep thinking I would love to move somewhere warm, I have Arizona on my brain right now, but Texas would be good too. The good thing about Texas is the fact that AT&T is down there, so maybe we would have transfer rights. However, if we move, there are a lot of other people that need to be moving along with us....otherwise it will never happen, but a girl can dream right!!!

I definitely think i have the winter blues right now....everything i have to look forward too happens in the spring and summer!! So hopefully that will at least get me through the next few months.

We have been so lucky this winter, and aside from a couple coughs, and a round of ear infections, we have been a pretty healthy bunch, the last few winters have been brutal flu seasons, so I am SUPER greatful for that!!! *Knock on Wood*

The kids have so much energy, and if it werent for sub-zero temps, i'd be sending them out the door, so instead we are trying to find creative ways to entertain four kids indoors. My suggestion of sitting down for a good book doesnt seem to be the fan favorite amongst the Shupe kids, so instead we have been having bey blade tournaments, attempting to beat LEGO Harry Potter on the Wii, and the boys love playing their DS games, and Madison loves to play with her dolls. Then of course they love to wrestle each other and run through the house.....this will get old at some point, right???

Soon the swing set will reveal itself from under the snow, and the sun will peak through the clouds again, and the birds will come back, and we can go outside to ride bikes, play catch, and run, run, run. My kids sooooo need to run!!! Where do they get this energy, I wish they could pass some on to me. So, here's to hoping Spring will knock on our door VERY soon!!

In the meantime, we are thankful for our house and our furnace, hot chocolate, and our super warm fireplace. Although the gas bill isnt so fun - ha!!

2 comments:

Jules said...

Love the new layout! You inspired me to get a new because I loved this so much. Plus they had owls so I was in heaven! Arizona is a great place to live. It was 70 here today. And where we live it's about 10-15 degrees cooler than Tucson or Phoenix. I don't know how you Mom's do it during the winter!

Shupe Family said...

It is a super fun layout, I had to do it!! :) I think i saw the Owl one, and almost did that one before i saw this one!!! And I just thought I should tell you that you are a big part of the reason I have Arizona on the brain - ha!! You and Lisa Lange!