Thursday, September 17, 2009

The Red Table

Ok, so I read Amanda's post on her blog, and I would love to elaborate and tell you the joys behind our daily, 3 meal a day, battle of the red chairs.

As a gift, we received a red ikea table with 2 blue chairs and 2 red chairs, at first it was perfect, the "babies" as Justin and Jacob so kindly refer to Joey and Madison didnt have a color preference, however, as the "babies" get older, and get more opinionated themselves, everyone seems to want the red chairs. Madison not so much right now, but I expect to be painting the 4th chair very soon! Maybe she'll go for a pretty pink or purple chair.....anyways...I digress.

After 3 meals a day, 2 snack times a day, and sometimes a before bed snack, Mom, Dad, and Nikki, our beloved care taker, are quite done with the constant chair battle. So we thought we would rectify the situation with a little spray paint! VOILA!



Now, the picture you cannot truly get a good understanding of the color difference, but there is a slight shade difference between the two natural red chairs, and the spray painted red chair, but for now it works! No more meal time drama! But i'm sure one day we will be fighting about who gets the odd colored red chair.

5 comments:

Scott, Tina, Spencer and Morgan said...

so i'm crazy and i would paint the other chair red also so there is no fighting at all. one day the kids will realize that there is the 1 blue chair and they all want it to be different. ahh, the joys of parenthood. but the chair does look good.

Anonymous said...

Haha yes...the first day I was here with the blue turned red chair Jacob said "I want the new red chair!" Oh boy! So I said something along the lines of "How do you know which chair it is?!?" He replied " I can tell!! Its a different red!" Crap!

Noah and Amanda said...

LOL Sara it seriously is the best story ever! I love your little family...they have the best personalities ever.

Davenport Family said...

Seth says you should have painted to two red chairs blue to teach them a lesson:) That is such a funny story, thanks for sharing it!

Davenport Family said...

that was supposed to say the two, not to two