Thursday, September 24, 2009

Jacob

Last night Jacob came into the kitchen as i was making lunches and mentioned that his leg was hurting him....this is our conversation:

Jake: My leg really is hurtin

Me: What happened? What hurts?

Jake: I think its broken

Jake: It hurts when i walk in circles (as he is walking in circles - ha)

Me: Well stop walking in circles.....and why are you walking in circles anyways??

Me: I dont think you would be walking on it if it were broken, but let me look at it.......(so i set him down and pull up his pant leg to see like 4 huge bruises from his knee to his ankle, and i'm talking the big, deep, purple bruises)

Me: Well honey, you clearly hurt yourself, what happened?

Jake: I dont memember (remember)

Me: (lightbulb) Oh, well do you remember when you thought it was a good idea to try to stand on top of the fire hydrant

Jake: Yeah (sad face)

Me: Remember when you then fell off of the fire hydrant.....this is the boo boo from that falll.

Jake: I dont like being hurtin.....

Me: I know, it will feel better in a couple of days, just take it easy

Jake: Ok, i think you should carry me everwhere we go, that way it wont hurtin as much

Gotta love it......

1 comment:

Jules said...

Hahaha. One, that is so Josh's son. Thinking it's a good idea to stand on a fire hydrant? Two, I love that he thinks it's a good idea for you to carry him! Smart kid!