Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I Hate the Flu

Ok, so we all had the flu about two weeks ago and somehow it creeped its way back into our house. Round 2: Josh started, followed by a quick knock out for Sara. Justin came in next and we are waiting to see when the rest will join the fun! :(

It's horrible being sick, but its even worse to see your kids sick. I hate feeling so helpless and trying to explain over and over why they cant eat or drink anything. Poor little justin looks so miserable on the couch next to his bucket. He was pretty happy though because his teacher called and told him that his friends prayed for him in class today. Justin asked his friends to pray for daddy on Monday.

Anyways, since we are dealing wiht the flu, and we don't know to what degree this will go, we have decide to cancel Madison's first birthday celebration that was supposed to be on Saturday. I am really bummed, but I dont feel like dealing with a house full of people when I am trying to get my family feeling better. Not to mention, I would hate to infect all our guests right before the Thanksgiving holiday. I am sure they are thankful for the cancellation... ;)

Of course we will still celebrate our pumpkin's first birthday but just minus a few of hte guests! I can't believe she is 1 on friday. I will be sure to update you all with her birthday post and pictures.....

Hope you all are healthy and stay healthy.....this flu is miserable!!!

1 comment:

Jules said...

Hey Sara! Sorry you guys have been sick over there at Casa de Shupe. I've been battling a cold/flu myself but I can't imagine doing so with 4 kids! I hope you all recover quickly! Happy Birthday to your little Madison as well!