Remember when we said, girl, please dont go,And how Id be loving you forever,Taught you bout hangin tough as long as you got the right stuff,Didnt we, girls, ooh, didnt we, girls, aah?
I'm sure you've guessed it by now.......

Who knew that after 17 years, they would have a reunion tour. I recently had the opportunity to see them in Las Vegas and in Detroit. It was a great concert, better than I ever anticipated. It's hard to believe that there are so many other loyal fans out there.....
While we were in Vegas, they performed at the Mandalay Bay which was the hotel we stayed at during our visit, and coincidentally the hotel that the New Kids were staying at while they were in town. After the concert, the New Kids had an after party at LAX which is a pretty popular nightclub in Vegas. We were able to get in, although we almost had to throw down with some other crazed fans. I hope that you will all believe me when I say I am not a psycho fan, but I definitely enjoyed the opportunity.
Anyways, while we were in Vegas, we happened to run into a couple of the guys walking around the hotel. The night of the concert we saw Joe....he had run down to the hotel gift shop to get some advil and nyquil, poor guy just wanted to get to bed and take care of his voice for his next shows.....but of course we had to stop him for a picture (ha ha). I dont currently have this picture on me because its on my girlfriends camera, but as soon as I get it, I'll be sure to post it.
The next day we were walking through the hotel and Donnie comes walking by. He was so nice to stop and take pictures. He was very talkative and loved visiting with his fans. I hate this picture of me......please focus on Donnie....
We stopped to have lunch in the hotel, and two seconds after we sat down John walked in to have lunch at the same restaurant we were eating. Personally I have no interest in Jon or Danny so we didn't bother him for a picture.
Finally, later that evening we ran into Jordan who is by far my favorite in the band. He was my crush when I was younger.....i was speechless when I met him but I was able to get a picture with him and an autograph. All the guys were really cool and loved being with the fans. This isn't the greatest picture, but it'll do.....
Saturday the guys were in Detroit for the Detroit Show and they put on yet another fantastic show. Their new album is pretty good....i'd recommend it, but then I do enjoy the new kids. Actually their new name is "The Block" sounds a little more mature than a group of late 30-somethings and early 40-somethings calling themselves "the New Kids" - ha ha!! Anyways, if you get an opportunity to check out their show or their new album its definitely worth it.....
Peace Out!!
3 comments:
I'm a little bit jealous that you got to meet them! I was always a Joey fan myself! Sounds like you had an amazing time! Can't wait to see a the picture of you with Joe!
I seriously have the funniest sister-in-law ever! Sara you're so fun!!!! love you so much:)
Your my hero......that is awesome. How fun was that.
Post a Comment