June 1, 2008.....WOW! Josh and I have been married 6 years today. It's been everything I had hoped for and more. In a quick summary, we've managed 3 houses, ok 2 houses and a townhouse, 3 dogs, 4 kids, and lots of good times!!
It's funny how life happens....I couldnt imagine mine any other way. I remember being part of a conversation with someone a while back who said something you hear a lot of people say about marriage....."oh, just wait a couple years, when the honeymoon phase is over", or "oh, you guys are newlyweds, just wait"......when I first heard this 6 years ago, I wasn't sure what to think of that.....but of course I was too much in love with my husband to even worry about it. I sit here today and think, gosh I love my husband even more today than I did 6 years ago. I feel bad for people who feel like the honeymoon days are over. Do Josh and I have honeymoon days everyday......absolutely not, does he want to tear my head off sometimes......absolutely, but thats marriage. Josh and I make a pretty good team, we complement each other well.
Josh is one of the funniest people I have ever known, he can make me laugh even when I am trying really hard not too because I am pouting. He is a terrific father and takes great pride in caring for and loving his family. It's so wonderful having someone to share everything in life with, it just makes everything worth while. I know this may sound corny, but too bad, its my blog, its my anniversary, and I can do what I want!!!
I love you Josh!!!
I guess its my turn to write something gay, it has been a quick 6 yrs with all the bs in my life like the family, the houses, and the dogs. Also who can forget the 7 weddings we had to attend for my sister, that takes time too. However I do agree with sara on a few things like how awesome I am and what a great father i am. On a more serious note I love my family lots and couldn't wish for anything more. My wonderful loving wife of a very long 6 yrs and my 4 healthy children, what else could any man want? I'll admit things get stressful at times, but after a few minutes away at work or whatever is going on I can't wait to see my family. I do love my wife more than i ever have even when I want to tear her head off, which isn't as often as it used to be.
luv ya darlin
peace out
5 comments:
After reading your blog I started to cry so hard. It makes me so HAPPY to see a family realize what really is important. When all is said and done the times that I'm the happiest is when I am surrounded by family! Schooling, money, and other issues will come and go:)
There have been times I've been so sad but my wonderful family was always there to support me and lift me up. And there have been times I've been so happy its brought tears to my eyes and my family was also there. My family (our family) is so close together we love each other so much I couldn't ask for a better life! I love you Joshy and Sara! Thanks for being such GREAT examples to me and loving each other so much...I hope Noah and I are just like you guys six years from now (minus the 20 kids...LOL j/k)
p.s. Joshy is in trouble for his comment!! LOL
Happy Anniversary! Six years and four kids, wow you guys have been busy;) We hope you have a great day and many, many, many more years of happiness!
Congrats on the 6 years. And 4 kids in 6 years i see why you guys are still happy, not much time to fight. ;) And for amanda's defense, she only got engaged 7 times, and bought 7 dresses. And that is so weird that amanda started crying, you dont see that every day, oh wait, yes you do!!!
Congratulations Sara and Josh! You are two amazing people with a fantastic family. People would be lucky to have a marriage and family like yours! I don't know how you guys do it. I thought of you guys on the first but didn't get on the computer in time to send a congrats. (My brothers anniversary is on the 2nd of June so I always remember.)
Oh my goodness....you guys are so freakin cute! Im not gonna lie, I teared up a bit reading this. I know its about 3 months since your anniversary, but so what! Congrats! I am so happy for you both. I miss you all so much, and I am so happy to hear all of you are well. Eveeryone in the Shupe family is just awesome, and I am happy to know all of you. Your always in my prayers! luv you
Post a Comment